The grant of £10,000 which we received last February had to be spent and completed by the 12 February 2008. The money was raised in a joint bid led by us and involving several other volunteer groups based in Havant. The grant made possible the purchase of new equipment and funded activities such as:
- A new web site to publicize activities around the borough.
- New display boards and a set of panels to go on them.
- A large display marquee.
- Leaflets to advertise all the groups involved.
- A programme of events including our woodland festival and Christmas event as well as similar events at Hollybank Woods and Brook Meadow.
- Funding to groups to run practical projects such as hiring the mower to cut our meadows, paying for tree planting at Park Wood and James Road Allotments and buying English bluebells for planting in Nore Barns Woods.
- Trained local volunteers in first aid, hedgelaying, coppice crafts, chainsaw and brush cutter use adding skills to the groups whose members took part.
- More than 750 people came to the events and over 200 people took part in practical activities.
Thanks to everyone who helped to make the grant a success.